Vice President, Patent Attorney Wataru Ohnishi
|March 1999||Graduated from the Department of Engineering Science, Osaka University|
|April 1999 to February 2007||Worked at Mazda Motor Corporation|
|February 2008 to December 2022||Worked at patent offices|
|May 2010||Registered as a Patent Attorney|
|January 2023||Joined Ishin IP International|
Patent attorney activities
- 2013-2015 Deputy Branch Manager, Chugoku Branch Office, Japan Patent Attorneys Association
- 2018 Comprehensive support specialist (Hiroshima Pref.) for Intellectual Property
- 2019 Secretary, Chugoku Branch Office, Japan Patent Attorneys Association
- 2019-2020 Member, Patent System Operational Consultative Committee
- 2020-2021 Member, Patent Committee
In recent years, it has become indispensable to utilize intellectual property rights in order to grow a company. While many companies have possessed intellectual property rights and have been able to proceed with their business in an advantageous manner, there are still many companies that have not been able to effectively utilize their intellectual property rights. Especially in rural areas where there are many small and medium-sized enterprises like the ones I am involved with, the number of patent firms is small, and I believe that it is difficult to casually seek intellectual property consultations.
I am committed to supporting the resolution of various IP-related problems and issues faced by companies, and work closely with each company to ensure that their daily efforts bear fruit.